g o o d t h i n g g o o d t h i n g

I love your stuff it's very good material. I think I would like to see more of your Popushi stuff though. I loved your PRINCUSS soundtrack it had so much variety and liveliness to it that it made my day whenever I heard it over and over again. I had no complaints about any of your work. Till this day that song still gets me on a better mood and it does somehow cure my depression slightly and it really does give me a sense of motivation as well. But this pice is nice too. Reminds me of some of the future bass stuff you find on youtube on channels that specify this kind of work. I think you should submit some of your work to Kito Music or other relatable channels. You have real talent. Loving the vibe at 1:17. It's very nice and light but somehow lifts you off your feet too. And that uprising on the second part of that verse to the main drop is just amazing. I had chills. Your Soundcloud work is impressive too. Keep it up MidiMachine! <3

midimachine responds:

これは良いこと!

NGADM 2017 Round of 32 Podcast NGADM 2017 Round of 32 Podcast

This is the first time I'm hearing your podcasts and I loved listening to the whole thing. Your voice is also very relaxing. Should listen to more of them.

ChronoNomad responds:

Please do! I've been making these podcasts since the Auditions, and while it still feels kind of new, I think I'm getting into a solid groove. I also sing, but admittedly most of my vocal tracks on here are collaborations, with a few exceptions like "One of Those Days" from back in 2015.

Thanks for listening, and I really appreciate the quick review! Not the first time someone has said my voice was relaxing. I tend to enjoy reading out loud, but the caveat is that it tends to lull folks to sleep. Good for bedtime, but not so much at other times of the day.

The Anticipated The Anticipated

I can't express on how much I loved listening to this track. It didn't just give me an 80's feel but it also felt like I was in some sort of video game on the last level to my last boss fight. I had epicness, it had variety, it had umph, it had all the qualities I love to hear in music and I'm really happy. I loved the start of 31 and so on because it also had an Egyptian feel to the piece kind of like My Eruption soundtrack but without the dubstep parts hehe. Amazing work RealFaction and hope to listen to more of it too

RealFaction responds:

:D Aww! Thank you!

stupid bullshit stupid bullshit

So The start of the song I was liking it. It felt like it was gonna get really crazy after that beat. When it got up to the 0:12 mark I felt a somewhat good feeling about it. At that point I was like it's gonna turn out pretty good but I honestly have to say when it got to 0:24 I lost that feeling of epicness. However I was liking the little bell rings that came into this piece but could have went well with some bassline at the 0:12 mark. At 0:46 it wasn't good to be honest with you. I felt like it was misleaded where you could have had a nice rising to it but it just felt lazy it comes in randomly with no merge at 0:51. Well after that I felt like it just didn't meet the high ends. HOWEVER!!! Pointers from me would be try to incorporate some openers within the songs timelines like a swoosh or a clash from a symbol. Even a reverb kick could works too. Another pointer is that you should try to find a nice bass-line in THIS piece. I did like the melodic stream you were trying to flow into so it's not completely trash. I'd say try to work on this on your free time and make some adjustments. Take time and don't rush on it. Experiment with new sounds, new presets, new plugins, and effects. Spend more time on something rather than submitting a small piece of work because trust me you'll DEFINITELY get somewhere great with it, heading in the right directions. Not bad. If anything I could send you a small sample piece I could make to give you a good idea, kinda like a listener sample to help you with your next work :) Either way not too bad.

Spurta responds:

this is why the description says
"this sucks"

Black Hole Black Hole

So hearing this wasn't so bad. In fact I think it could be better but for now we need to focus on the flaws in order to make it better. So firstly a small sample pretty repetitive and that's okay. One thing that makes it hard to listen to is the breaks and little glitches in the song like ADR3-N had mentioned the track had a lot of skipping maybe due to computer quality or rendering/exporting issues. I do find the song a bit plain and dull which could have been better added with more even for a short. Another thing is that I don't believe this fits in the Chipstep genre but rather something more experimental/trap related. Overall it's not a bad piece it just needs more work and time put into it. Don't give up on it try and make it better.

DJ-Silent responds:

Thanks for your feedback!

i can't finish songs properly i can't finish songs properly

I wasn't really feeling the intro to be honest but it was sort of a nice buildup to a drop perhaps just not this particular piece. Your drums are on point and so was the lead. I would have liked to see more bass and rythym for that matter at the start of 0:42. At that moment it felt like it picked up. No worries though you keep trying and never give up.

TR4NC3BOY - Go Crazy TR4NC3BOY - Go Crazy

I like this a lot! It brings me back to the time I was into trance a lot. However it does need some work. From the start of the song all the way to the uprising up on 0:34 isn't needed. I'd remove it as it has no concept with the song at all. When it gets to 0:34 that's when it gets good. Same goes for 1:44 it just doesn't add up to the song here. I personally see some sort of uniqueness to what you wanted to go for but those interlude parts just threw the song off. Other than that I felt like you could have an uprising to the tempo of the song but it was still very good. Reminds me of 2000-2005 when Electronic music took over the world for a while. This old school trance style is what I live for. Everything else about this song really nailed it! Amazing job!

TR4NC3BOY responds:

Well judging by your username you definitely live for old school trance haha :)
Your absolutely right about the points you made once i finished this i was like "oh shit"
but you know i dont want to sound like everyother guy out there i just want to find my style you know.
i have something in mind but it will take time to get to every piece i upload is just an experiment to see what works and what not.
my track "new kid" is a good example of is what my "mainstream" track would sound like and "accelerator" is what im straiving for but havent been able to master it perfectlly but all in time.
thanks for leaving feedback man :)

Ravenholt Ravenholt

As I listening to this one thing that came to mind was "TheFatRat". Now yeah I get it he does some amazing work and well he's ages away from where we are with music but your progression just has that similarity. While I would have liked to see more around the interlude sections of the song like at 1:27 I still find it to be a good piece. I do however agree that there could have been more variation to progression as johnfn had mentioned but overall it came out great. Good job and I wish you luck on the NGADM as well!

Getting started Getting started

First time in the NGADM this year and I was looking forward to listen to everyone's music really. I was really looking forward however to your submission after checking out some of your other work. It's no surprise that I knew I'd like it. From start to finish is sounds like something I would go for if I was going about my late work back to my synth work. I really enjoyed listening to this. I like how it starts out in the beginning, Kinda makes me feel like I'm being chased. Then by the 14 mark it brings me to a realm of video games clicking against each other sort of like if you were in a whited out room and you see Tetris pieces moving out and fitting itself, like lines of codes. I wasn't really feeling much of 1:36. It felt kind of dry and could have used some secondary lead parts to it kinda like in the start of the loop where it had a moog feel to it. I have a weird way of explaining of what I feel when I listen to music. Regardless I loved it! If I were a judge It'd rate you 4.5/5 but since I'm not I'll just give you that 5 stars instead. Great work and good luck in the NGADM!

Noisysundae responds:

Treat me like one of your French contestants. :P

:14 actually reminds me of the village theme from Fez for some reason when I listen to it again. I tried to make the bass stand out the most in the end, though. I decided not to add a lead for that part. Perhaps a harder bass may do (but I'm bad at making a heavy bass synth :( ). Anyway, I'm happy to see people describe their feelings toward a track they hear, whether they enjoy it or not.

Thanks a bunch!

Colossal Encounter Colossal Encounter

I'm always a bit skeptic about cinematic music and while I hear some good one's it's hard for me to get into it but I'm a fan of Hanz Zimmer and E.S. Posthumus so it only brings me to question myself really. Anyways this isn't so bad it actually gives me a good vibe. Somehow I can see this playing in the background of a boss fight more or less like Attack on Titan where you battle the Colossal Titan. Overall good composition!